Cyber Security Awareness and Learning.
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security is the ability to protect or defend the use of cyberspace from cyber attack.
What is Cyberspace?
Cyberspace is a global domain of information system infrastructures including the internet, telecommunication network systems and embedded processors and controllers in other words – everything involving a computer. Cyberspace is all around us all the technologies we touch is part of cyberspace.
What is cyber-attack?
An attack for the purpose of disrupting, disabling, destroying, or maliciously or destroying the integrity of the data or stealing controlled information.
Who are the victims of cyber attacks?
Possible victims of cyber attack, it’s possibly everyone.
- Business – If you have a Business you have lots of things may be in computers environment and that is sensitive and hacker gain access it is very bad things.
- Government – Government get hacked, they get hacked all the time because they have lots of information about all of us in the government network computers.
- Banking and Financial – they are obvious target might be financial reasone.Sometime hacker gain access control their website and damage them.
- Energy Companies – they are also targeted one, somebody target that possibly power grid, and threat them.
- Educational institution – they have very unique environment, they also have lots of data need to protect for students, academic records and regulation applied to different industries too.
- Media House – these company all the time hacked for numbers of reasons.
- You. – Ever single person could be hacked, may already been hacked and there are different motives that you get hacked and that could be money, personal information, reputation etc.
Information Cyber Security Learning and Awareness
Information Security isn’t just the responsibility of IT professional. Secure networks can be taken down by an end user’s honest mistake. Intentionally or unintentionally, sometime users may share the information through different way likes email, public platform and they also could be trap from cyber maliciously activities and put the organization at risk.
Over the time, Smart organizations pay attention to conduct information security training for employees. Providing IT security training for your business end users is one of the best ways to prevent a security breach. Everyone who touches any type of device in your company needs training on how to use your corporate information systems safely.
Here are some of the tips we recommend you provide to your end users. So, they can aware of company security importance and avoid being hacked.
- Passwords -: 90% of security incidents were facilitated by weak administrative passwords.
- Never share your credentials -: Don’t share password even to family, Friends or coworkers. Avoid to write the password/username on paper. Always use a different password for every website. If you can’t remember passwords, try some online password manager service like Dashlane, keypass, LastPass.
- Browsing/Surfing -: Never send private and sensitive information over public Wi-Fi network. Always secure browsing while accessing internet over the open public networks.
- Email -: Never send sensitive information over email, even to yourself. Always be cautious about attachments and requests, even if they appear to be from trusted sources. The most common email you seen inbox for phishing scams are bank notifications, online purchases, and photo attachments, shipping notices, and online dating services.
- Mobile Devices -: It’s not just your computer that needs measure the security, your phone is equally vulnerable as well, and 90 percent of mobile users don’t take even basic security precautions while hey use their devices. Never leave your device (laptop or phone) unattended in a public place. Always report loss or theft of any company devices immediately to IT. Always keep devices up-to-date, and install and use anti-virus and anti-malware software.
Information security is immense concern of every organization.Companies time to time implements best industries cyber security practices toward improve security measurement and ensure the network is secure and no security breach and maliciously activity happen. Providing IT security training for your business’ end users is one of the best ways to prevent a security breach. Everyone who touches any type of device in your company needs training on how to use your corporate information systems safely.