Privacy and Cookies Policy
Data that we collect
We may collect different information from or about you depending on how you use the Site.
If you create an account and use the Site, including through a third-party platform, we collect the information you provide directly. This information stored by us and associated with your account includes:
- Account Data (“Account Data”): in order to use certain features, for example to get access to your purchases at the Site, you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address and password.
- Profile Data: you can also choose to provide profile information like a gender, date of birth, photo, headline, website link, social media profiles or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
- Shared Content: parts of the Site let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews, asking or answering questions and files you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
- Account Payment Data: if you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. For security, the Site does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
The data we gather automatically
- System Data (“System Data”): technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types.
- Usage Data (“Usage Data”): usage statistics about your interactions with the Site, including pages accessed, time spent on pages or the Site, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Site.
- Approximate Geographic Data: an approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.
How do we collect data about you?
Cookies and data collection tools.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on the Site. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to the Site, like your preferred language, and to make the site easier to use.
We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time. We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into the Site. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed in.
- Authentication and security: to log you into the Site; to protect your security; to help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate the Site’s agreements.
- Preferences: to remember data about your browser and your preferences; to remember your settings and other choices you’ve made.
- Personalized content: to customize the Site with more relevant content.
- Advertising: to provide you with more relevant advertising.
Please note that where advertising technology is integrated into the Site, you may still receive advertising on other websites and applications, but it will not be tailored to your interests.
When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS and Microsoft Windows each provide its own rules on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
Cookies privacy options?
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies by consulting your browser’s support articles. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some interactive features in the Site.
- Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, so your browser’s cookie-management tools may not remove them. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, see Adobe’s article on managing flash cookiesand Site Storage Settings panel.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiativeand Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
Cookies and data collection tools usage
- Preferences: cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Site (like your preferred language).
- Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Site; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Functional: cookies that store functional settings (like the volume level you set for video playback).
- Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Site to help us improve the Site and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your purchases at the Site. These are strictly necessary for the Site to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
Advertising and online tracking
We may allow third-party advertising services like, Facebook, Google’s ad services and other ad networks and ad servers to deliver advertising about our Site on other websites and applications you use. These companies may use certain information (e.g. click stream information, web browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to the Website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third-party clear gif/web beacon to collect this information. Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but several of our service providers who utilize these cookies or web beacons on our Website enable you to opt out of targeted advertising practices. To learn more about these advertising practices or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or www.aboutads.info/choices.
You may have the right to request access to, and rectification or erasure of, the personal information Techmusa.com holds about you. You may also have the right to object to or restrict certain types of processing of your personal information and can request to receive a machine-readable copy of the personal information you have provided to Techmusa.com.
Techmusa.com will assess any request to exercise one of these rights on a case by case basis. There may be circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request because of relevant legal exemptions provided for in data protection legislation.
Please note that by continuing to use our services or the Website, and by providing any personal information to us offline or via the Website or email addresses provided on the Website, you are consenting to our use of your personal information as set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy. Please do not provide us any personal information if you do not want that information to be used by us in this manner.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy may be amended by us at any time. Please check this page periodically to inform yourself of any changes. It was last amended in March 2018.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, need further information about our privacy practices, or would like to let us know that your details require updating, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner that is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns, we request that you initially contact us (at the email address provided above) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
LAST UPDATED: March 2018