GNS3 INTEGRATION WITH CISCO ASA VERSION 8.4
This tutorial describes how to create Cisco Security Lab with Cisco ASA version 8.4 with the integration of latest version of GNS3.
GNS3 is a powerful tool for IT network engineers and they do lots of network testing, configuration testing, simulation lab practices on GNS3 Lab. You can create a virtual lab on your laptop with help of GNS3 and integrates cisco Router, Firewall, switching and do lots of practices at home and office. It has also options to use VMware and call different vendor virtual lab in it. For example – F5 LBR Lab.
Here, let’s go to setup a Network virtual lab on your system step to step-:
Today, we will call how to integrate Cisco ASA version 8.4 with latest version of GNS3.
- First of all, download the GNS3 (latest version) from – https://www.gns3.com/software/download
- Install GNS3 on your Laptop/desktop
Once the GNS3 installed on your system. Please use the following steps to install appropriately GNS3 on your system.
You need to download following files from internet sources.
Use the following Link to download above Cisco ASA images.
Note -: Download the zip file from the above link and extract the file in folder.
Steps to installed Cisco ASA version 8.4 in GNS3
1. Open GNS3 and save the project.
2. Go to edit menu >> Preferences
3. Go to Qemu >>Qemu VM
Click New Button
Define the Name and Select “This is a Legacy ASA VM” >> Click Next Button
RAM – 1024 MB >> Click Next Button
Select New Image >> Browse ASA Image from System Drive >> asa8420-initrd.gz >> Click Next
Select New Image >> Browse >> asa8420-initrd.gz >> asa842-vmlinuz >> Finish
Select The New ASA Icon >> Edit Button
Network Tab >> Adapters >> Select >> Use the Legacy Networking Mode
Advanced Setting >>
- Kernel Command Line -: no-hlt -append ide_generic.probe_mask=0x01 ide_core.chs=0.0:980,16,32 auto nousb console=ttyS0,9600 bigphysarea=65536
- Options -: -vnc none -vga none -m 1024 -icount auto -hdachs 980,16,32
Open GNS3 Interface >> Select ASA >>
1. Drag ASA into work Area
2. Right click on Device and start
3. Right Click on device and Console
ASA Firewall start as you can see below pic-:
2. ciscoasa: No password Required
Activate activation-key on ASA to load full functionality -:
1. ciscoasa (config)# activation-key 0x4a3ec071 0x0d86fbf6 0x7cb1bc48 0x8b48b8b0 0xf317c0b5
Post Reboot ASA -: Now you will get the full function on virtual ASA
ciscoasa# show version
Finally, your Cisco ASA version 8.4 fully loaded and ready to work with GNS3.Enjoy you GNS3 LAB at Home
Tag – Cisco ASA version 8.4 Lab , GNS3 Lab , Cisco Lab on Security , GNS3 and ASA